27 April 2009

Songs of the Week: Kanye West & Silversun Pickups


Monica's Pick
The beautiful music video for Mr. West and Jeezy's song "Amazing" (shot in Hawaii) came out just a few days ago and I can't stop watching. Yes, I think autotune is the devil's work, but with Kanye it works somehow. It also helps that it's the official song of this year's NBA Playoffs. Go Heat!


Alex's Pick
I heard this song once and I was instantly hooked but there was only one problem...I didn't know who it was by. I was searching high and low for this song for hours and I retraced myself back to the crime scene song. "Hmm...the guy's voice is whiny...almost like a girl. Kind of sounds like the Silversun Pickups." Never ignore your instincts. Oh, by the way, the video is awesome and I am in total envy of the drummer.

No comments: