25 January 2009

Songs of the Week: The Rapture & White Rabbits


Monica's Pick
It seems like I get all my fave new music from movies. I heard this one while watching the absolutely gorgeous Ian Somerhalder dance to it in The Rules of Attraction. I'm always a sucker for a good baseline. This is the type of song you play when trying to revive a dying party. Or when you're dancing alone in your room like I'm doing now.

MP3: The Rapture - Out of the Races and Onto the Tracks

Alex's Pick
I've recently taken a vow to go out to more concerts (three this semester isn't enough for me) and to my surprise I found out that White Rabbits are performing in 3 weeks at the Mercury Lounge. They played at SXSW last year and have received great reviews. So if anyone wants to meet this fellow black hottie, I will be near the stage dancing crazy and potentially grinding any nearby witnesses to this song. The energy in this song is undeniable which makes it one of my favorite songs.

MP3: White Rabbits - Kid On My Shoulders

No comments: