25 May 2009

Songs of the Week: Antonio Carlos Jobim and Elis Regina & CSS


Monica's Pick
I've been in this Brazilian mood all week (thanks to the Seu Jorge station on Pandora) and this vaguely familiar song popped up. It is just so adorable. No, I don't know what they're saying but the song got me to spontaneously dance with my friend in the middle of her boyfriend's bedroom, so I think it's earned it's spot here.


Alex's Pick
I know this is a blast from the past but this song will always be one of my favorites. CSS has what most bands are lacking these days- super cool beats with a lead singer who can rock bodysuits like nobody's business. Lovefoxxx is everything you want to be but can't so don't even attempt. You'll just end up looking like Imogen Heap. My heart leaped when I saw that Death From Above made an appearance in the video. Death From Above is amazingly awesome and CSS is crazy fantastic so it makes sense that I declare this as my theme song. It explains my basic philosophy.

No comments: