17 February 2009

Dead and Gone

I don't take death well. I had a dream last week that I was filming a movie with Shia Labeouf and my fellow black hottie, Monica. I had a bad take and the director gave me a few minutes to collect my thoughts so I can do the scene again. Monica was trying to be supportive to shake off my nerves but as I looked away I saw Chris Simmonds, he was trying to talk to me to help me but all I could do was cry. I woke up crying.

I was not the nicest person to Chris. I was a stupid freshmen in high school and I thought I was better than him and I wasn't. He was better than me because he was always himself and all he wanted was people who accepted him and by the time I realized this it was too late to do anything about it. I always try to be a better person but now I owe it to him and to myself.

Last winter break I went to Ashley's house and reconnected with people I haven't seen in a while and we all played Taboo and I had Jenny on my team and she was so radiant and had the most beautiful smile, I was so happy to have her on my team. I had so much fun that night and little did I know that I would never see Jenny again. I'm too young to be losing friends and it makes me realize how fragile life is and how we need to appreciate everyone around us.

T.I has a new video for his single Dead and Gone. It is dedicated to his assistant Philant Johnson who was killed in 2006 after an altercation at one of T.I's show which resulted in a shooting, three people were injured but Johnson was killed. The first thing T.I says in the video is "What matters more than the mistakes you make is what you're able to learn from them." Trust me I've learned.



-A

No comments: