15 February 2009

Jimmy Brooks is growing up


I've been watching Degrassi for a good five years. Jimmy Brooks has always been one of my favorite characters. I'm not sure if Mr. Aubrey "Drake" Graham has left Degrassi and acting for good, but it seems like he's really focusing exclusively on his hip hop/r&b. Yeah, he's been out doing the music thing for a couple years now, but I've always felt his shit was mostly only popular with Degrassi fans and adolescent girls who probably listen to way too much Bobby Valentino. Lately though he's been getting more and more play. When the jock I went to high school with is leaving numerous status updates saying Drake is making him feel "like his swag jus got turned up," you know he's getting big.

Recently he dropped his third mixtape So Far Gone.

It's definitely better than what I expected. It's very eclectic from singing over Peter Bjorn & John and my girl Lykke Li to cocky rhymes with Lil Wayne. Needless to say, it's hot. Good from start to finish.

Be sure to download the mixtape off Drake's official blog.

Album: Drake - So Far Gone

-M

No comments: