15 June 2009

Songs of the Week: Nancy Sinatra & Flosstradamus


Monica's Pick
I spent all of Saturday watching Kill Bill 1 + 2 (TWICE) on Spike TV's David Carradine tribute. I hadn't realized until then how awesome the music from that masterpiece of a movie was. I've had Nancy's "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" - along with Shivaree's "Goodnight Moon" - stuck in my head all weekend long. It was Cher's originally but her version sounds like some awful Broadway show ballad. Nancy turned into something so much better.


Alex's Pick
I was taking a trip down musical memory lane when I reminded myself of Flosstradamus. First off, that's probably the best name for a group I've ever heard. Second, the group is accompanied by two hot DJ's including Kid Sister's brother. I don't know any other DJ who can rock an animal print sweater like he can. There's something about those Chi town boys...

Full song available here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO right about the Cher version. lol