01 June 2009

Songs of the Week: The Smiths & Yeah Yeah Yeahs


Monica's Pick
If you've ever spoken to me in the past month, you know I'm counting down the days til (500) Days of Summer. And now that they're having free screenings around the country, I'm even more psyched. So as obsessive as I am, I decided to listen to the music from the film, especially "There is a Light That Never Goes Off". I'm also imagining standing in an elevator with Joseph Gordon-Levitt but that's another story.


Full song available here.

Alex's Pick
Yeah Yeah Yeahs have always been a favorite of mine and they're back with their single "Zero" off their It's Blitz! album. Picking up their new album is on my to do list but for now I'll just have the single on repeat on my iTunes while I pretend I'm dancing on top of a car. Man, no one can pull off a studded leather jacket like Karen O.

No comments: