18 June 2009

Throwback Thursday: Coming to America


Where do I even start? This movie is such a classic. I've been wearing out Coming to America in my VCR (remember those?) since I was 2 and I have yet to get tired of it. I know every hilarious line from, "The royal penis is clean your highness," to "I've tied my shoes once. It is an overrated experience," to "Sexual Chocolate!"


Eddie Murphy just can't do it like this any more. He's too busy making children's movies and denying his babies and sad things like that. But even though he's lost his funny and replaced it with fat suits, I'll always have a little respect for him playing Prince Akeem.



If you haven't seen Coming to America yet, I'd like you to slap yourself. Then turn off your computer, get in your car, and drive to the nearest Blockbuster. You won't regret it.

-M

No comments: