18 December 2008

R.I.P Bettie Paige


As I sit here packing my things at hotel in Washington D.C., I begin to think about my style choices. I'm no trend setter since all my clothes consist of shades of gray, black, white, and navy with the exception of my leopard dress. What prompted me to get this dress? While I was shopping away with some long overdue payback money, I decided I needed to get something that expressed my sexuality, femininity, and would make anyone's head turn in a room. So I opted for the extremely short, cleavage bearing dress. It was as if Forever 21, American Apparel, and a local zoo had a baby and out came my dress. I realized that the culture I've been exposed to made me pick this dress. I channeled my inner Bettie Paige in hopes of seducing a random stranger and later taking him to my secret love dungeon. She has inspired me to be comfortable with my body which is probably why I walk around half naked in my dorm and at home. There is nothing wrong with channeling your inner sex kitten and I thank Bettie Page for that. It is sort of tragic that she went through such an awful time in her life being schizophrenic and all but I will remember the Bettie Paige that I was first introduced to, that inspired me to vamp it up once in a while. Now if I can only get myself out of the house in that dress instead of wearing it inside by myself.

-A

No comments: